1. Finish grading papers (Shoot me now).
2. Pack umbrella.
3. Do more research on speakers and narrow down my list of Must-Attends (Be quiet, Kevin Six. I am NOT type A.).
4. Follow Blog World Expo coordinators on Twitter (Check!)
5. Make business cards.
6. Confirm dinner with my former a la Sex and the City brunch crew (Check!).
7. (Do I really need that scarf I saw in that shop last week? It’s super cute and would match like every outfit I’m bringing.)
8. Download BWE mobile app on the recommendation of my new Blog World Expo Twitter friend and local San Diegan @mattsurfs (Check! Thanks for the tip!).
9. Make sure I can run my online classes entirely from my smartphone. This is a huge step into the advances of technology for me. A little nervous.
10. Corollary thought to #9: My computer is a dinosaur from 2005 which is why it is staying in San Diego. Maybe the giveaway gods will be good to me at the conference and bestow upon me a confirmation-of-my-new-direction gift from the universe in the form of a slick laptop. Just putting it out there.
11. Make a blog friend pre-conference. I so do not want to be the new kid roaming the halls wondering where all of the popular people are hanging out. If only I could find a cool blogger like me and make a conference lunch date pre-NYC… (All of a sudden I feel like the Anne of Green Gables version of the blogworld. Will someone be my bosom blog friend?)
12. Deep breath. Game face. Smile.